Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Interview

María: Today we are going to interview Jessie an American young woman who comes from San Francisco that is teaching English in a high school of Villamayor, Salamanca in Spain. Let´s start. How was your life in San Francisco?

Jessie: I loved my life in San Francisco, I really couldn´t complain it about anything there. I have very good friends and family and I enjoy spending time with them.

María: Did you go to the university?

Jessie: I did, I went to the university of California, Berkeley.

María: What did you study?

Jessie: I studied English literature, African and American literature.

Juan: What did you want to be when you were a child?

Jessie: Somedays I wanted to be a teacher, somedays I wanted to be a doctor, but always I wanted to be something that you can help other person.

Juan: Did you enjoy your years at the university?

Jessie: I loved it, when you were in the university you know a lot of young people who really want to learn, who enjoy... ahhmm... just reading and writting and spending time with each other learning about interesting topics, so I really loved being in the university.

Juan: Did you have some problems with someone?

Jessie: When I was at the university mmmm... No, I got along... I think with everyone, most people were very relaxed, so you always could have really good relationships, I think, with everyone.

Andrea: How was the life of a university student?

Jessie: The life of a university student is interesting, I used to work four hours in the morning, good university for four hours in the library and it´s a lot of just studying, eating at school and not a lot of sleeping and watching a lot of youtube videos.

Andrea: What did you do in your free time when you didn´t have to study?

Jessie: I was asleep, it´s beatifull, sleep is amazing, I don´t know if you konw this but I was just asleep and watched youtube videos.

Andrea: Did you travel a lot thanks to your studies? And after that?

Jessie: I didn´t travel a lot, I travel every year around the United States, I like to travel and go on a road trip in my car, so I did go to different places, I went to Oregon, to New Mexico, to Arizona, to Utah on trips but not big trips, I didn´t go like here they do Erasmus? I didn´t do that.

Alejandro: How did you enter Spain, it is related to your studies?

Jessie: I entered Spain because a friend of mine told me about the job and I filled up the application and I got the job, it´s related to my studies? Yes, I studied English literature and I also always wanted to work with the education.

Alejandro: Did your family support you in your decision to come to Spain?

Jessie: My family is always very supportive, but they did not want me to come, so I came but my family did gradually allow me to come.

Alejandro: Are you proud of your achievements until nowadays?

Jessie: Oh yeah, I don´t know if I have done... I can... I don´t know if I can say that I´ve done a lot of amazing things but I really feel like...  I´ve done...I´ve lived very happy and sometimes it´s about making other people happy in little ways that makes you happy.

Alejandro: Do you think that coming to Spain has helped you improve your Spanish or some other skills?

Jessie: Vale venga, aaahhh candar jeje, I think so I really do think that living in Spain, specially in Salamanca, I think my Spanish has improved but I don´t know, you know I have my days.

Alejandro: I think you speak English very well. Okay Jessie thanks for your time and see you soon and when you want you can come to my house to eat pulpo a la gallega.

Jessie: Really? I´m coming over today.

Everyone: Ha ha ha ha ha

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment